Camping and hiking are some of the most popular summer activities. If you’ve never done either before, or if you’re new to camping in general, there are a few things that you need to know before heading out on your first adventure! This article is full of information about what to bring with you when going camping for the first time, which campsites are best for beginners, how to have fun while still being safe, and more!
- Always bring a first aid kit with you on your camping trips! You never know what might happen out there, and it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
- Make sure that everyone in your group knows how to swim before going into the water at any campsites or hiking trails around bodies of water. It can save your life!
- Bring a spare set of clothes with you, no matter how short your trip is. You never know what might happen along the way!
- Make sure that everyone in your group knows their poison ivy identification signs before going out into nature or camping near any forests. It’ll make it much easier to avoid coming in contact with the plant!
- Always remember to pack a map of your area, even if you already know where you’re going. A GPS is great, but it can fail at any moment – which means that it’s always better to be safe than sorry when you head out on an adventure!
Linda Brownlee has always been passionate about hiking and camping. As a result, she started Ngurdoto Mountain Lodge. The lodge is perfect for those that are looking to enjoy nature’s beauty at its finest.